Aerial view of Stratton house hotel and spa and part of the walled garden

Event Terms and Conditions

Please find below our events terms and conditions.  Should you have any questions regarding these please email our events team on

Bookings and Payments

  • To confirm your booking, we require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the estimated final bill.  The remaining 75% and any other outstanding charges must be paid 2 weeks prior to your event.
  • We will ask to hold a card against your booking for any further payments.
  • Events finishing later than 9pm in the evening are required to book 10 bedrooms alongside your booking to minimise the impact on other guests.
  • Should you decide to cancel your event any deposits paid to Stratton House Hotel are non-refundable.  A postponement of your event will be treated as a cancellation and subject to the same terms and conditions.
  • We are a cashless hotel, please advise your guests accordingly.
  • All plated and served events will have a discretionary 10% service charge applied to the final bill as standard.


Prior to your Event

  • We require the final details regarding numbers and menu choices at least 2 weeks prior to your function.
  • If you have requested a block booking of bedrooms, then any bedrooms not booked by yourself, or your guests, will be released for sale to the general public 2 months prior to the date of your event.
  • We will need to be provided with a copy of public liability insurance and PAT testing certificate for any 3rd party suppliers you wish to use for your event.


During your Event

  • You are responsible for all of your guests.  In the event of damages occurred during your event or if any hotel items go missing you will be charged accordingly.
  • Only food provided by our kitchens is permitted to be consumed during the event. The exception being food provided by an approved third-party supplier.
  • All buffet food will need to be removed after two hours to comply with food safety guidelines.
  • If you would like one of the private bars open, please note there is £150 minimum spend.


Details are correct as of March 2024 but may be subject to periodic review.